Sunday, February 27, 2011

Fringe Friends.

Almost two years ago, I lost my friend Drew to Cystic Fibrosis. Drew and I weren't particularly close at the time, but he was dear to me simply because I had known him for 15 years. We had a lot of memories packed into those 15 years, some of them my fondest from middle and high school. I could go on and on about the goodness that was Drew.

Last night was the Guys and Dolls Auction benefitting the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. It's one of my favorite events of the year because not only does it allow me to continue honoring Drew's memory and celebrating his life, but my good friend Jessica is the Chair of the event. It's a swanky affair, it's fun, and it is so encouraging to see so many young people, so many of my friends in one place, gathering together to raise money for research. And A LOT of money is raised (secretly I'm pretty sure that's the main motivation for the open bar...a sneaky albeit genius move!).

Jess, you know how close I hold the Foundation to my heart but I'm not sure I've said thank you for taking on such a huge responsibility and working so hard to make sure children affected by CF have much longer and much fuller lives. Thank you for giving so generously and for putting your heart and soul into this organization. You are making such an impact.

You are one of my heart strings and I am blessed.

to learn more about Cystic Fibrosis and the fight for the cure, please visit www.cff.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment