Monday, November 15, 2010

I wanna talk about me, I wanna talk about I


It's that time of year again and by time of year again, I mean it's time for Christmas!!! I love love love Christmas. I love Christmas because it means tacky sweater parties, eggnog, cinnamon sticks for the heck of it, 24 hours of "A Christmas Story" and candlelight singing at the Christmas Eve service. It means listening to six weeks of Jessica Simpson and Mariah Carey. It means putting a jingle bell necklace around Pete's necklace and insisting everyone call him Santa Paws until Dec. 26. And, it means...Christmas cards!!!

I'm not the best at sending Christmas cards, but I sure do love receiving them. And, for the record, I absolutely refuse to call them "holiday" cards. With all due respect, I celebrate Christmas and if I'm going to send a card in the mail, it's going to be a Christmas card. I don't mind partaking in certain aspects of other holidays at this time of year -- my favorite is the airing of grievances at Festivus - but, I say Merry Christmas and send Christmas cards (when I send them, which is pretty much once in my life). I've always admired the people who take the time to send an update on their lives, along with a photo collage of their families. Sometimes these "updates" are short and sweet and to the point. Sometimes they are funny. Most of the time they are entire 8.5 x 11 pages of pictures and updates telling me how awesome the senders' lives are. They tell of promotions of work, marriages, babies, lottery wins, new cars, new houses, and anything else that makes them think they are more fabulous than me. I mean, let's face it: who actually sends a Christmas "update" that is anything less than bragging about themselves? Which means a Christmas "update" is exactly what I need to do since I love talking about myself. And right now, Shutterfly has a promotion going on whereby bloggers can receive 50 free Christmas cards. So, between another excuse to "update" people on the life of Deezy, and my love of a good freebie, you can bet I have decided that THIS is THE YEAR for me to send out Christmas cards.

The first one I love is the "Family Letter Blue" card. It has room for two of my favorite pictures (one of me, and clearly one of Santa Paws) and comes in red and (they call it turquoise but I feel it is Carolina) blue. So, everyone I know in NC would be satisfied with my color scheme. It also gives me ample room along the side to talk about myself and Pete and what we've been up to this past year.

The second card I love the most is the Sparkles and Confetti New Year's Card. A New Year's card is actually a really good idea and gives people a nice treat in the mail after the snow flurries of Christmas are over. Plus, I think this picture is really cute. Of course, if I chose this card, I'd probably feel like copying this picture pose, but with Santa Paws and me. Only, for New Year's, he might be feeling frisky and wanting to wear a dapper bow tie instead of his jingle bells. At any rate, a New Year's card is a really cute way to get someone's year started off right. Maybe I could list out my resolutions on the card, just in case you were curious as to what Merdeezy had planned for the next year.

And my third favorite is the Paper Ornaments Holiday Card. Even though it doesn't refer to Christmas, it does say the words "peace," "love," "joy" and "hope" on it. Those four words pretty much sum up the Christmas story and the card is really fresh looking. Of course, it could be the fact that I find the dad on the card smokin' hot, but either way, I do like this card.

There are millions of options at Shutterfly for all my Christmas desires to wish people joy this Christmas season. I hope you're ready, dear friends! Pete and Deeze are about to infiltrate your mailbox!! Hollaaa!

2 comments:

  1. Santa Paws needs to find a tux to go with his New Years bow tie. And you need to wear the bday shoes. Must. Love you and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dad is smokin' hot??? He looks like he could be a good sugar daddy! owww owww :)
    I can't wait to receive a Christmas card from you and Santa paws... :)

    ReplyDelete