Thursday, August 9, 2012

This morning, one of the Kristins resent to me an email I sent to my girlfriends on Mon, June 28, 2010 and asked me how I was doing with the highlighted items since my 30th was quickly approaching (thanks for the reminder, biotch). Below is the email with my updates on how this quest is going. You can also find a more in detailed list here. Also, after re-reading this list, I think it's fair to say I'm a failure at turning 30. At least I have a few more months.

ladies, please see below. i have highlighted the things i refuse to do when i turn 30. at least for the rest, i have 2.5 years left to grow the eff up.  

30 Things Every Woman Should Quit Doing By 30


Here on The Frisky we’ve talked a lot about things every woman should do — or, at least know how to do — by the time she turns 30, but until now we haven’t focused too much on the no-nos for women after 30. After the jump, 30 things every women should stop doing once she turns 30.
  1. Buying clothes from the junior section.-->
  2. Forgetting her parents’ birthdays.
  3. Making out with her BFFs at bars for attention.
  4. Making out with her boyfriend at bars for attention. --> sad fact. I really don't go to bars anymore. It's too much effort to put on a face, let alone find a boyfriend that I could potentially have a bar makeout with. 
  5. Filling her bed with stuffed animals (really, even one is too many).
  6. Carrying a torch for anyone she hasn’t seen in the last five years.
  7. Rebelling against her parents for the sake of rebelling against her parents.
  8. Declaring an entire gender “all jerks.”--> nope. still happening.
  9. Holding a grudge against anyone who wronged her in high school.
  10. Skipping regular gyno exams.
  11. Going to bed without washing and moisturizing her face.-> nope. still happening.
  12. Being “that person” who had a bit too much to drink at the office party.--> If I'm being honest, I haven't had any office parties to attend recently so I can't really attest to this right now. 
  13. Crushing on Justin Bieber.--> truth thursday: I'm not nearly as obsessed. And his tweeter isn't nearly as exciting as I had hoped it would be when I joined tweeter. 
  14. Thinking she’s got it all figured out.--> now that I think about this, I take exception to this. of course I have it all figured out. 
  15. Calling her father “daddy.” --> nope. still happening.
  16. Engaging in sibling rivalry.--> not doing this is not something I can accomplish before I am 30. Have you talked to my brother or sister lately? Besides, Eli has lost like 35lbs on Weight Watchers. She may be younger than me, blonder than me, and taller than me but she will NOT be skinnier than me. But let's be honest: Weight Watchers is killing me.
  17. Trying to get by on her looks.--> I have found myself stocking up on beauty items a lot more lately...
  18. Living paycheck to paycheck.--> I was doing OK at not doing this, which would have made me successful before my 30th birthdizzy. But then I went to Europe for 2 weeks...
  19. Expecting a man/knight in shining armor to swoop in and save her.--> still waiting. not really sure why it hasn't happened yet. all i know is - that better be some REALLY shiny armor when he does get here. sheesh. 
  20. Aimlessly jumping from job to job.
  21. Using MySpace to pick up guys. (or, in my case, facebook)--> let me tell you about how just the other day i commented on a picture of my friend Beth's boyfriend AJ and his friends. The comment may or may not have been inquiring about one of the specimens in the pic.Turns out he's married. The comment "easy Merdeezy" may have been made, especially considering the one in question is the husband of AJ's boss. Personally, I think I deserve an A for effort. If you can't meet em on the book, where can you meet em? 
  22. Expecting a man to do all the wooing.-->this might have something to do with why i'm still waiting on a knight in shining armor to swoop in and save me. 
  23. Wishing she had someone else’s life.
  24. Expecting everyone to drop everything because it’s her birthday ...--> the fact that my birthdizzy isn't for another three months and i've already sent out multiple emails involving multiple parties means nothing.
  25. ... or because her “boyfriend” of two weeks dumped her.
  26. Measuring her self-worth by a number on the scale.
  27. Being cheap.-->can someone tell me how I'm supposed to quit being cheap if I am still living paycheck to paycheck? 
  28. Quitting a job without having a new one lined up first (especially in this economy!).
  29. Blaming her mother for all her issues.
  30. Romanticizing her 20s.

No comments:

Post a Comment