Sunday, October 14, 2012

One Year Anniversary


Tomorrow, Oct. 15, 2012 is mine and Barbara's one year anniversary. I can't believe we've only been together for a year! The Vet said it takes about a year for a rescue pup's true personality to come out. If that is the truth, then I am nervous for the next few years because this little b is cray. 

After Pete died, my big brother peer pressured me into getting a dog. I found Barbara online at the Humane Society of Charlotte and after seeing those eyes (pic on the left...the one on the right is the best from her anniversary photo shoot. i die for that necklace), I had to have her. They brought her out, she licked me up the nose, and Barbara has run my life ever since. 6.5lbs of pure insanity and lovebugliness. I often wonder how someone could have passed her by. She was at the pound for 23 days and the average stay in 11. But I know it is because she was waiting on me. No one else would let her get away with shopping in the trash can like I do. No one else would tell her she is beautiful every five minutes. No one else would let her eat pimento cheese out of the bowl. We are a perfect match, my little pound puppy and me.

Happy one year anniversary beautiful Barbara!!! Because of you, I now get why people have dogs. You are so precious to me and there is no way I wouldn't save you a spot on my zombie apocalypse team.

1 comment:

  1. little late catching up on the blog... happy gotcha day to you and barbara (a month late)!!! love you and love her!!!

    ReplyDelete