Friday, August 6, 2010

Paging George Constanza

I don’t know about you, but I can get pretty annoyed when people do things I think don’t make sense, are dumb, just plain ridiculous or basically just don’t align with my way of thinking. Back in college, I used to go to Bojangles with my older brother at least 3 or 4 times a week. I was consistently in a bad mood during these visits. Usually, it was because my brother wasn’t doing what I suggested to make himself a better person, but sometimes, it was because I would ask for TWO packages of bbq sauce to go with my FIVE chicken supremes that came in my meal. Now, the word supreme means, according to www.dictionary.com, “greatest, extreme, ultimate.” So, naturally, a chicken supreme is bigger than say, a chicken nugget, a chicken mini, or even a chicken bite. But, regardless of size, at this Bojangles’, they only wanted to supply you with one package of sauce, no matter how many supremes you ordered (honestly, I’m getting quite hungry for Bojangles, and I swore off fast food! Sonofab!) When you asked for an extra package, they told you it was going to be an extra charge – I think like 15 or 20 cents but still, an extra charge is an extra charge. I often times saw myself imitating George Constanza and I tried with all my might to just accept the fact that unless I wanted to ration my bbq sauce out per supreme (I’ve never been good at arithmetic), then I would have to bite the bullet and fork over the change. It.drove.me.mad. Thank goodness I got an ulcer and had to stop eating Bojangles.

The other day, I rode out to get a treat from Quiznos for lunch. I had some coupons in my bag they had given me the last time I was there so I decided to be thrifty (there’s a difference between thrifty and cheap mind you and I am both). Turns out my coupons weren’t going to work on what I wanted, so I went with my original desire for 2 sammies. While standing in line, the girl in front of me asked for olives on her sandwich. The sandwich artist (yes, I am aware that is Subway as I went to one of many proms with one, but it works here too) informed this girl that olives would be $0.20 extra. EXCUSE ME? TWENTY FREAKIN CENTS EXTRA FOR A FEW OLIVES??? I mean, last time I bought olives, I’m pretty sure a JAR was $1.29 and came with like 78 olives. So, a charge of TWENTY FREAKIN CENTS is pretty ridiculous. Like, why the heck do they even have them out on the assembly line if they aren’t included??? Don’t wave something in my face if you aren’t going to give it to me. I know the economy is bad, but it ain’t THAT bad that olives are TWENTY FREAKIN CENTS on a 6 inch sandwich. I watched and that girl only got 4 or 5 olives. She should have gotten TWENTY FREAKIN OLIVES on that sandwich.

When I finally got to the register, the owner says that next time, they can put my Sammy onto a sub since I really like the Sammy flavor and I can use my coupons. This sounded too good to be true. And it was. She then told me that they would have to charge me an extra dressing charge if they did that though, but that they could do it for me. EXTRA DRESSING CHARGE? FOR PUTTING ONE TYPE OF SANDWICH ON A DIFFERENT TYPE OF BREAD? I had a yeuk that this lady also owns the aforementioned Bojangles. I don’t usually consider myself an angry person or a hot tempered person but it would be an understatement to say this this REALLY chapped my hide.

Don’t worry. I’ve already contacted corporate. And you can bet I will NOT be visiting that store again for my treats.

1 comment:

  1. I TOTALLY agree with this entire post. Yesterday I got a grilled chicken sandwich and fries from BoJangles and I wanted honey mustard for my fries. They informed me that honey mustard only comes with certain meals (i.e. Supremes) and I would have to pay extra for it. Are you kidding me!?!?! I am totally with you though, there is NO sense in that!

    ReplyDelete