Friday, August 13, 2010

Friday the 13th Fail.

Today is Friday the 13th. Now, I don’t consider myself a superstitious person by any means. I do read my horoscope daily to see if it can give me a heads up on the day’s events as I am not too keen on surprises, but I really don’t believe in that malarky. The one time I had my palm read, I asked her if I didn’t like what she said, could I get a refund. She told me no but then told the friend I was with that she (the friend) needed an exorcism (which is not only hilarious and may not be far from the truth, but that’s a story for a different day). I don’t think walking under a ladder with a black cat is going to make you have bad luck. I mean, the ladder may fall down, but that’s just being a stupid if you think walking under a ladder is a smart idea. And black cats just don’t really impress me. So, needless to say, superstitions are for the birds.

Except today, I woke up on the wrong side of the bed. I didn’t sleep well because my little boy Pete was up all night. He gets up at 5:30 to have a snack (low blood sugar must be genetic) then usually gets right back in the bed to go to sleep. Well, not today. He had all kinds of things to tend to early in the morning after being a man of the night all night. I woke up on the wrong side of the bed and decided to break my diet. My reasons for breaking my diet this morning were simple. It was Friday, it was a Friday the 13th, and I deserved a congratulations after all. I should have known that congratulatory diet breaks were a bad idea. The first biscuit I got from the Chick was bad looking. I mean, it was ugly. If I’m gonna eat fried chicken, I want it to be golden and tasty, not brown and disgusting. So I went back through the drive thru and they gave me a coupon for a free chicken mini (score!) and another biscuit. Only this biscuit was the same thing. I mean seriously people? Throw out your bad oil! Stop dipping my chicken cutlets into your hot burning old oil and giving them out the window. So, needless to say, it’s only 8:41a EST, and I am officially a Friday the 13th Fail.

I cannot wait for the rest of the day! Eager anticipation, my friends. Eager anticipation.

No comments:

Post a Comment