Thursday, June 2, 2011

did i shave my legs for this?

Truth Thursday: I find showering to be a hassle most of the time.

Generally speaking, especially during the week, I won't go anywhere after the gym if I can't wear my gym clothes. I don't like hauling my crap and I don't like taking showers. I guess I'm really just a European because I never find that I smell as bad as people think I do. And don't even get me started on showering during the summer. If I'm going to shower, it's going to be a long, drawn out event. I'm going to use as much hot water as possible so my skin is the perfect shade of pink when I get out. And I prefer air drying, which we all know takes more than a little bit of time (and it's not like I wake up in enough time to get an air dry in before work). The only problem with this is that during the summer, I can't stop sweating. I usually need a shower from my shower.

Back in Charlotte, my girlfriends used to call me Trudy. Apparently there was some girl in their sorority in college named Trudy. Trudy would go to the gym then put cute clothes on and go out all without showering. I mean, I don't really see the issue here. I became the new and improved model of their Trudy after I passed one of them on the road one morning on the way to work. My friend of course looked like a beautiful Barbie while I was driving like a bat out of hell with my windows down, hoping to have dry hair by the time I got to work. To this day, I argue that I am not a Trudy. Trudy would put on cute clothes over her gym body. I just wear my gym body everywhere I go. I guess the point of this story is that to all my girlfriends out there, next time you find yourself asking yourself "did I really shave my legs for this?" the real question you should be asking yourself is "did I really shower for this?" You'll find that there isn't much worth showering for. Just buy a lot of body spray and change out your hankies, and you'll be set.

1 comment:

  1. This will break your brother's heart but we need to be friends.
    Because
    As a result of reading this post
    I think...
    We're related.

    ReplyDelete