Thursday, June 7, 2012

deezy does deutschland 2012

in just a few [long] weeks, I will depart on the adventure of a lifetime, and I cannot wait. It's one of those sit on your hands in order to contain your excitement deals. I've been given basically free reign over the trip. Whatever I want to do, we're going to do. I've been to Germany (Krefeld, Essen, Koln, Berlin) before. I've been to London, I've been to Paris, I've been to Amsterdam. But this time, I won't be in high school. I won't be on anyone's schedule but my own, and who doesn't love that reality? And hopefully - just maybe - there won't be a threat out against American tourists and I won't have to speak German while out in public. Because let's face it, "y'all" in German with a Southern accent just doesn't have the same effect.

Some additional plans were finalized today. As of now, I'll be riding a beach cruiser between beer gardens (and various historic monuments) in Munich on July 4th (how utterly American of me...thinking about wearing an American pride shirt and some jorts on this day). I'll be spending 3 days in Venice/Murano/Burano. VENICE! gondolas! crab gnocchi that melts in your mouth! glass blowing in Murano! Lace making in Burano! Possibly Juliet's balcony in Verona. And while I am well aware of all the art in Venice, let's be honest. Y'all know me and y'all know I don't do art. I'll stick to the food, the wine and the blistering Venetian sun along the river bank of the Grand Canal. We'll do a guided tour of Dachau and then it's on to Salzburg for a 4 hour Sound of Music tour. I really can't wait to be my real age (which is 16 going on 17 in case you were wondering). And we may or may not slide down some ancient salt mines. and let's not forget the castles tucked away along the romantic road.

i'm gonna go out on a limb here and say my summer is already winning. and it's only just begun. 


No comments:

Post a Comment