Thursday, December 8, 2011

hello? meredith?

I took the day off work yesterday. I didn't tell any of my sales reps I was doing it either. I just put up an out of office and forwarded my calls to my cell (with absolutely no intention of actually answering any of the calls).

My mom called me at one point to tell me someone named Bill had called her. Bill? Why was he calling her? She said she didn't know, that he was just as surprised as she was. Apparently, both were very confused and when he said he was trying to reach me, she said "well this is her mother."

oh.my.gosh. can you even imagine?

I cried I was laughing so hard. Poor guy. Tried to call me and somehow dialed my mother? How did this even happen. He must have dialed the number wrong. I mean, her number is only 1 digit off of mine.

This morning a group of my reps called me on speaker phone to discuss how my mother got involved. Bill claims he called my work number and I must have forwarded it to her number. I denied it.

But then I started thinking about it. Remember when I called the cat lady about giving Pete a hairdo? Yes my friends, based on past history, I'd say there's a good chance I forwarded all of my work calls to my MOM's cell phone before peacing out for vacay.

oops. For the record. I'm still laughing.

1 comment:

  1. that is too funny. my mom's # is one off from mine too. once when i gave my number to someone's friend so they could call me about a bachelorette party...i accidentally gave them my mom's number. haha

    ReplyDelete