Monday, March 26, 2012

my 30th is upon us

2012 marks the year I turn 30. my dirty thirty. I called my mom to tell her I planned to go see Jerry Springer for my birthdizzy. "Now meredith. Why would you do that?" Because it's funny! She asked if I thought I would be able to find anyone to go with me. "Are you serious mom? Natalie will go. Lee with go. Eli will go." She didn't say anything for a minute and then said she couldn't believe I knew 3 people off the top of my head who would be willing to fly to Connecticut with me to see Jerry live and in person. And then I reminded her that 3 of the 4 people in my birthday group were her own children. She may or may not have started to cry.

Jerry Springer may have seen midgets, fatties, trannies, cheaters, cougars and freak shows, but he ain't ever seen us.

No comments:

Post a Comment