Tuesday, March 29, 2011

modern day jane austens

for any of you who know me, and know that i am a nerd who loves jane austen. you know that part of the reason i am single is because i do not feel that it is too much to expect for myself to find my own mr. darcy. i don't see any issue in someone telling me they love me ardently or that they find me bewitching. Perhaps I should make this my tag line on any online dating profiles I may or may not have (or that I may or may not manage for my friends. yes, I enjoy winking on behalf of myself and others). In the meantime, the new chris brown/bieber duet (a dream in and of itself) is proof enough why perhaps my own mr. darcy is a hip hop artist. and why hip hop artists should be given more credit as they are the ones rewriting the rules for romance (you know which doctor you should call). I have selected some lyrics for your enjoyment. And also included a favorite picture for your viewing pleasure.

You've got that smile,
That only heaven can make.
I pray to God everyday,
That you keep that smile.

Yeah, you are my dream,
There's not a thing I won't do.
I'll give my life up for you,
Cos you are my dream.

And baby, everything that I have is yours,
You will never go cold or hungry.
I'll be there when you're insecure,
Let you know that you're always lovely.

One day when the sky is falling,
I'll be standing right next to you,
Right next to you.
Nothing will ever come between us,
I'll be standing right next to you,
Right next to you.

We're made for one another
Me and you.

No comments:

Post a Comment