Tuesday, September 13, 2011

dead to the world but not to my heart

Dear Pac:

Today marks 15 years since you've been gone. Speaking of which, you'd probably really like Kelly Clarkson. A lot has changed in the past 15 years but one thing that hasn't is my love for you. Snoop Dogg says that because of you, thugs are carrying around laptops and becoming smarter. Isn't that a nice thought. Not that they probably stole the computers, but that they are becoming smarter because of you. I mean, without you and Al Gore's invention of the Internet, there's no telling where we'd be today. I know I sure as heck couldn't google you as much as I wanted. And can we please talk about how there is STILL no resolution to your death? I watch how many Criminal Minds episodes a night? There is absolutely no excuse to why no forensic evidence has led us to your killer. Until then, I will continue to keep my fingers crossed on your behalf that Tha Outlawz and Biggie's Junior Mafia collaboration on "Bury The Hatchet" was not done in vain.

I am in mourning today and putting on my best, bravest face. Had I planned better (ok I admit. I didn't even have today on my calendar), I would have planned to take a trip to Lumberton to see your mama. But then again, who really wants to go to Lumberton, even out of tribute to someone we once knew and loved?

So for you Pac, I'ma pour out a little liquor and remember that it's just me against the world.

Love, Deezy.

No comments:

Post a Comment