Wednesday, October 26, 2011

day 2: who is someone you know who inspires beauty?


So, I admit, my Project 31 isn't going so well. I'm not doing it 31 days in a row. But maybe I never really planned to anyway. And now here I am, just on day 2 (please note that day 1 was posted exactly 24 days ago, so really, I should be almost done with this endeavor). But I really want to stick with this. Not because I lack any funny stories anymore, because I think we all know that I am still funny (right? right.) but because I think this will be good. So today, I want to share with you the beauty that is my friend Karoline.

Karoline and I met in college, when her two roommates in her triple room suggested, err, kicked her out and "suggested" she move into the adjoining single (don't feel bad. it's actually pretty funny). I saw her struggling to fix her carpet, so I offered her my box cutter (I have always been so helpful. I met Carey when she was bleeding to death and I offered her a bandaid, but this isn't about me). And the rest is history. Karoline is truly someone who inspires beauty. She is truly beautiful. She is amongst some of the most beautiful women I've ever met. Karoline is a hottie on the outside, but on the inside she possesses this beauty that I think is actually quite rare anymore. She is genuine. She is loyal. She is honest. She is passionate. She loves Jesus. And she is authentic. Karoline is someone who loves life. It'd be easy to think that Karoline has it all. And she does have it all. But that isn't to say she hasn't had hardships along the way. But the thing about Karoline that puts her apart from all the rest is how even in the midst of her struggles, she handles life with grace. Karoline has been such an encouragement to me in the past 10 years. I have learned so much about faith and what God's love really means. I have seen God move in my life because of Karoline.

Karoline is always happy to share in your joys, and is always there with an uplifting word or prayer when you cry. She is a part of so many of my fondest memories, and when I think of beauty, I think of Karoline. I am so blessed to have her in my life and so thankful for her friendship. It's nice to know that the same beautiful friend who prays with you over hot dogs also shares the same hopes and dreams you do, understands you and still loves you anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment