Sunday, October 2, 2011

A more serious tone for a few.


I believe one of the sweetest, most precious parts of being a Christian is having a cloud of witnesses (Hebrews 12:1) with whom we can share the joys and sorrows of life, with whom we can question our faith and our God and with whom we can discuss our journeys. Recently, one of these dear friends and I were discussing beauty. I mean, who hasn't wondered if they possess beauty. If you've ever read Captivating, you might relate to the thought that true beauty is revealed in the depths of a woman's heart.

This conversation was much needed for me as I had just gotten off the phone with someone who shared with me that they thought I was "too open" on my blog. This really surprised me since other than my spiritual reflections and thoughts, nothing on Merdeezy Hollaaas is really of substance. There are many things I hold dear that I would never open up to speculation or ridicule. This blog wasn't started as a refuge for me to share my deepest and darkest. It was started for entertainment and for laughter. I guess you could say that even though I seem pretty open about my life, Proverbs 4:23 isn't exactly something I take lightly. Anyway, my friend directed me to Project 31, which is a 31 day "project" to celebrate beauty. Even further, specifically, to celebrate our God given beauty. It's based on the Proverbs 31 woman, and at the risk of being too open (and therefore being judged), it is one I think could serve some purpose.

So, here is my humble attempt at celebrating beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment