Tuesday, October 18, 2011

she has skinny legs just like fanny



I would like to introduce you to Barbara. She, like Carrie Bradshaw, is not affiliated with any political party. She just likes parties. She is 7lbs of pure sweetness, which is basically the same thing as a reese cup.

Lee had been encouraging me to get another pet after Pete's demise. I perused the Humane Society's website just to see what was out there. I mean, I have always secretly wanted to have a Cavalier King Charles to name Jessica Simpson. But let's face it. There are tons of dogs that need good homes. And they're cheaper! And we all know how the Deeze likes a good deal. There was a dog named Truffle that was nothing short of captivating. I couldn't stop staring at her. I don't even like dogs and I wanted nothing more than to scoop her up and love on her. So on Saturday, Lee and I drove over to meet her. I'm not sure what I would have done if we didn't get along. I actually hadn't even considered not getting along with her. They brought her out, put her in my arms and she licked me up the nose. And it was all over from there. It took exactly 15 minutes for me to say "I want her."

Barbara is a 4 year old terrier mix and weighs 7.0 lbs. She is missing some hair and has been "over bred." She may or may not have come from a puppy mill (she's not pure bred but she's tiny so maybe they lied at the mill). She just had puppies 8 weeks ago, but I didn't bring any of them home with me. She is potty trained, which was a huge concern for me. I don't know how to potty train anything nor am I interested in learning right now. She is a huge snuggler and a huge licker. She will lick any part of me she can get her snout on (come to think of it, it's rather a shame she's not a human boy...). And she's obsessed with me. She wants to be in my lap at all times. She was riding high when I got pulled over for speeding on Sunday.

I've never been a dog person before. I don't enjoy getting licked all over my grille. But man do I love me some Barbara. She is so tiny and so snuggly and so lovey dovey. And she gets so excited to see me. Every time I've come home since I got her, she's gone CRAZY over me. And if she isn't following me from room to room, it's because she's sitting in someone else's lap (but looking for me the whole time).

Some people have told me I've moved on too fast. I haven't moved on. I'm still obsessed with Republican Pete and am still happy to show off pictures of him to everyone. I haven't replaced him by any stretch. But Barbara was waiting for me. The average stay at the shelter is ten days. She'd been there for almost 25 or something ridiculous. And there's a reason why she was the ONLY one who captured my heart.

All it took was one lick for me to know that she was mine and I was hers. I'm still not a dog person when it comes to your dog. But, you better like mine. Plus, mine is adorbs. So how could you not!

No comments:

Post a Comment